Wednesday, June 10, 2009

NEW PICTURES


I have this on my personal blog but I wanted to put here as well since it's probably the most deserved of a comfort quilt. God has really laid the on my heart recently about the young men and women in our country that are giving up their homes and families to protect our freedoms that we sometimes take for granted. Recently my brothers girlfriend mentioned her son joined the Navy and would soon be leaving for the Persian Gulf. I immediately thought well he needs a little piece of America to take with him so I started a quilt. After 4 false starts I got a block I liked and it became Houston's quilt. Then this week after reading up on the Quilts of Valor program I decided to try and help honor the local military people who are protecting our homes and families.

Check my next post for where this lead. Here's a picture of Houston's quilt.

No comments: